Tuesday, March 31, 2009

day26- a ride in the van to Camp Wood

Today, I made a tough decision, I rode in the van. This was precipitated by a lot of chafing from the road, and a desired to have a couple of pleasant days before our rest day in Kerrville. I reminded myself that before I started, I had decided that if I rode, it would be for roads I thought were unsafe or if there were some other good reason.....past experience on this trip gave me the good reason.

So I saw the trip from the van, got to go with out guide to Wal-mart for a few odds and ends and am finding that I am hour by hour more and more comfortable and ready to ride the hills to Vanderpool tomorrow. Not much else to write. Camp Wood is a nice. There is a great little quilt shop and the folks are very friendly. Our motel is spotless.

Mileage today....need to check the an odometer...so we won't count it...

No comments:

Post a Comment