Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 45 The Coast


Today we had a short ride (42 miles) to the coast. The only complication was predictions of some thundershowers. I got a late start and headed out at the end of the pack. At home I cycle by myself most of the time, so no problem with that. It is nice to just set your own pace, and have some solitude for a bit. I ended up catching quite a few of the women, and cycled with Peggy and Elisabeth...which was great fun. The ride went through the coastal AL communities, with salt marshes (my favorite smell is a salt marsh at low tide...that is the smell of home to me)....and ship building. There were only a few dogs, which were not at all troublesome.

We went over a long causeway with a crosswind (this is after all the year of the wind) and saw a beached, dead dolphin....has me wondering what happened......alas...that I will not know....perhaps just beached...didn't identify the species,but some do go into estuaries...so...

At any rate, we rounded a corner and had a bridge to climb with the wind....in our faces...
On the other side of the bridge we stopped in a restaurant, and had our lunch....CRABBY PATTY's Yeah Spongebob...the creator must have visited this area...I always called these crab cakes...at any rate for those of you who have kids you know what I am talking about.

Our condo is great and it is fun to have six of us together, with a common area....
Dinner was Jambalya with corn bread and salad and banana pudding for dessert...Paula Dean's recipe...

Mileage 42....

No comments:

Post a Comment